How to rig a left-hand-lever operated rear brake..

2 replies to this topic
  • Machster

Posted January 07, 2004 - 08:31 AM

Anyone figure a cost conscience way to rig a left-hand-lever operated rear brake :)?. I know rev-loc makes it for a few bikes, but not the Yamaha. I have tried contacting them direct, but to no avail. I want to install a Z-start, and think this would be the cool way to set it up!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 09:08 AM

Cost conscience, probably not. But you can also check with these guys(Road Bike):

• HighPlainsWR

Posted January 07, 2004 - 05:53 PM

For my WR450 I took an adjustable hydraulic clutch lever, w/ resevoir, off a Kawasaki street bike, routed a steel braided hose all the way to the rear caliper, including the hook up to my hydraulic actuated rear brake light via a banjo switch (street legal). Took off all the stock rear brake stuff. Got a hot start lever off a Honda 650 and that is now my one-finger clutch. Mated that lever to a Dr.D hot start. Now when I'm doing technical I'm on the balls of both feet just like a trail bike, both hands on the brakes. Total cost ? $150, for all. :) The Magura "Jack" clutch would have looked better, but it did'nt have the PSI to squeeze the calipers the way I liked it all the way back at the swingarm. Plus it's pricy !!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.