back up coolant?

4 replies to this topic
  • amerrill130

Posted January 07, 2004 - 02:02 AM

Does anyone know how to take off the coolant resvoir underneath the back fender, and what to do with the nipple on the side of the radiator next to the cap, do you put a stopper there or what. Thanks for your help

• Tom14911

Posted January 07, 2004 - 07:02 AM

I took mine off and left a 6" piece of the hose on for an overflow. If you ride slow then you should consider a higher atmosphere cap, engine ice coolant or an after-market water pump. Good luck

Tom

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 07:43 AM

Does anyone know how to take off the coolant resvoir underneath the back fender, and what to do with the nipple on the side of the radiator next to the cap, do you put a stopper there or what. Thanks for your help

You can take the overflow bottle off, but still need to route the hose coming off the radiator to a low point. Routing it down to the same point as the carb vents is clean and won't let radiator fluid get all over your bike.

Radiator fluid needs to be able to escape, DO NOT plug the drain nipple coming off the radiator. :)

• amerrill130

Posted February 26, 2004 - 08:46 PM

I have a question about your post, i did take it off once before but all of this coolant just kept dripping out of my overflow hose from the top of the radiator. Is it supposed to do that? :)

• r1superstar

Posted February 27, 2004 - 08:07 AM

I have a question about your post, i did take it off once before but all of this coolant just kept dripping out of my overflow hose from the top of the radiator. Is it supposed to do that? :)

Your radiator may have too much coolant in it, also check the condition of your radiator cap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.