honda style front brake cable?

6 replies to this topic
  • amerrill130

Posted January 07, 2004 - 01:58 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has heard or has remembered reading an article on the how to's on re routing your new front brake cable like a honda. Since honda patent on the design is up? Just thought i would ask. I have been looking for it everywhere but can't seem to find it. Thanks

• Tom14911

Posted January 07, 2004 - 06:51 AM

I got mine from "fastline" cables. I love it.

Tom

• galant2nr

Posted January 07, 2004 - 07:40 AM

You need to buy a kit. Not even Yamaha has changed the routing yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 07:51 AM

The stock brake line is to long to route it Honda style, you need an aftermarket line. Ride Engineering makes a hose for either the stock WRF set-up(long enough to go over a headlight or a YZF style if you are running a front number plate(and won't be using a headlight again). :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 07, 2004 - 07:53 PM

I have the ride engineering set up and it is nice to be able to leave the headlight on and route it like a stock WR up above the triple clamps. It is a big improvement and works very well. :)

• amerrill130

Posted January 08, 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hey thanks a lot for the info, i ordered it the other day, hopefully it will work. I have looked everywhere for this thing, but i could not find it. Thanks again :)

• Bluehorse

Posted January 08, 2004 - 10:02 AM

I had to use an actual Honda line for my YZF.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.