2014 Power

No replies to this topic
  • swaldrop

Posted January 13, 2014 - 07:57 AM

I hear lots of praise in regard to the power on this bike and I have been relatively happy with it as well. However, I'm having a little trouble getting it to do what my '11 did.

Stock - With the stock pipe, I am really happy with the low end power. Really smooth, predictable power that is easy to manage. On top however, it falls flat too early. I have tried a number of maps and some help, but ultimately I am left wanting more. 

Yoshimura - I threw on a Yoshimura slip on and was immediately impressed. Power was up everywhere by quite a bit. The problem with this pipe is that now that smooth, predictable power down low is gone, replaced with a rather abrupt and somewhat inconsistent feel. Up top is much improved and as it is much stronger and pulls for what seems like forever, but it comes at a price. 

On my '11, the Yoshi slip on I had on that bike provided what I believe the perfect 450 power. Strong, smooth power that was easy to manage and pulled forever up top. I may be chasing a ghost, but I have to believe I can get that with this bike.

Any others having the same experience? Has anyone found a settings with either of these pipes that does what I am looking for?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.