5 best upgrades
Posted January 07, 2004 - 01:08 AM
i've had my 2003 stock uncorked xr650r for 5 months now,
this year i would like to start adding upgrades.
what's the 5 best upgrades should i start with. (dont wont to spend my life savings though).
Posted January 07, 2004 - 08:00 AM
2) Correct weight fork/shocks prings, correct sag, etc.
3) Gearing, specifically a 13T front sprocket
4) IMS Pro Pegs
5) Uncorking mods (jets, intake, HRC tip, etc)
1) z-Start auto clutch
2) Edelbrock pumper carb
3) Steering damper
4) Larger fuel tank
5) Pro Taper bars with triple clamp that raised the bars & moved them forward (this might change as I'm planning to try the Fasst flex bars later this month)
Posted January 07, 2004 - 11:40 AM
1) Street legalize it.
2) Fine tune suspension for your weight/conditions
3) Bigger Tank
4) Uncork it
5) Get correct jetting for your bike/area
After that you have a fun, easier-starting, fast, reliable dual sport bike with a long range that can get on paved roads once in awhile for a trip to the gas station. After a year or so you will have mastered the thing and maybe be ready for something more....
1) Steering dampner
2) Fat Bars
3) Wide Foot Pegs
4) Re-gear it for your type of riding
5) Protective aluminum for disc, engine
Now you have a bike that is really comfortable, much more fun to ride, confidence building--and you can even try racing it 'C' class at the local off-road event.
1) Pumper Carb
2) 200 Watt Stator
3) Pipe and Header
4) Cut out air filter cover
Now you have a SERIOUS off road bike-still reliable, but plenty fast and furious. Its the King of the desert, and it roars.
1) HD Crank, Rod, Valves, and 12:1 Piston
2) Oversize front brake
3) 2 x 8" HID lights
4) Dump Tank
5) Oil Level Site Tube
Now you have Johnny Cambells Team Honda Off-Road Baja 1000 Race Bike! Get a copy of the Baja Atlas. Enter the 1000, find some good 'short cuts' !!!!!! just like the pros
of course--there is a phase 5...
1) 10 gallon Acerbis fuel tanks
2) 1 liter water tank
3) fairing with road book and GPS mount
4) rear tail light
5) Michelin Desert tires with mousse
Get your passport out, its time to race the Dakar!
Posted January 07, 2004 - 12:51 PM
would you like to sponsor me for the next DAKAR ?
Posted January 07, 2004 - 02:49 PM
I hear ya on the need for some serious sponsorship--
for sure Dakar is the greatest expression of mankind...
DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime
Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks
Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey
Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker
Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS