Installed the UFO rear fender with light on my 06 WR450F Today

6 replies to this topic
  • electricme

Posted January 11, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Install is flawless. For future users since the fender doesn't come with a wiring diagram.

On the UFO fender wiring harnes Brown= Common (ground). white = Brake and White with green stripe = tailight. On the my 06 450. The black = ground, the blue = tailight and the yellow ( which doesn't work ). Would be brake light . Here's a picture :

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1389500075.292969.jpg

• flyandride

Posted January 12, 2014 - 07:24 AM

Install is flawless. For future users since the fender doesn't come with a wiring diagram.

On the UFO fender wiring harnes Brown= Common (ground). white = Brake and White with green stripe = tailight. On the my 06 450. The black = ground, the blue = tailight and the yellow ( which doesn't work ). Would be brake light . Here's a picture :

I used a UFO fender with light on a WR250 a few years ago and it came with a DOT compliant light, that actually has DOT stamped on it.  I looked at that fender recently for my wr450f but it didn't say anything about DOT or street legal.  Does yours?  I'm making the bike street legal and have to get it inspected. 

• firedog55

Posted January 12, 2014 - 04:25 PM

I used the same fender. Can't see anywhere on mine were it says "DOT", although it does have two flat spots on the black fender to mount turn signals. I put reflectors there. The lens has a clear center section to light up a license plate. One of the places I ride is a State ORV riding area. Lots of idiots on 4 wheelers. Hopefully they'll see my reflectors and not center punch me while returning back to the truck during twilight.

24zvgcw.jpg

The fender seems a little flimsy, but it hasn't caught in the rear tire over bumps yet. Also be sure to fill in all the gaps around the lens with silicon or it will fill up with muddy water if you ride in the mud, ask me how I know!

Edited by firedog55, January 12, 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • electricme

Posted January 13, 2014 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for the silicone around the light tip...  sure that will come in handy!   I did not see any DOT stamps on it anywhere sorry.  THe fender quality did seem a little more flimsy than stock.  I also hate the hugs Black mud flap on it.  in the coming months I will figure out a way to get rid of that.

• woods-rider

Posted January 15, 2014 - 01:08 PM

Damn, those are come C-L-E-A-N '06s!

My '06 looked like a beat old hag by comparison before I sold it.

IMG_2774.jpg

Edited by woods-rider, January 15, 2014 - 01:11 PM.

• firedog55

Posted January 17, 2014 - 07:06 AM

woods-rider

Your '06 looks well used and loved is all.  Mine is pretty much a virgin.  It sat in the garage under sheets without fluids from '07 until late '13.  This winter the weather has been so poor that it has been in the garage again for some updating.  I can't bring myself to replace it with something newer when it's so nice.

• electricme

Posted January 17, 2014 - 08:46 AM

woods-rider

Your '06 looks well used and loved is all.  Mine is pretty much a virgin.  It sat in the garage under sheets without fluids from '07 until late '13.  This winter the weather has been so poor that it has been in the garage again for some updating.  I can't bring myself to replace it with something newer when it's so nice.

And mine as well only has 378 original miles on it the original owner put 4 hours on it between 06 and 11... give me a few months in the hills of Trevorton pa and hill climbs and it will not look so pretty.  Oour weather has been super crappy too sooo  its been sitting there getting tinkered with.

Edited by electricme, January 17, 2014 - 08:47 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.