"01" WR 426 Tank /seat Swap

2 replies to this topic
  • sdcrooks

Posted January 06, 2004 - 03:15 PM

Is it possible to install the new "03,04" WR :excuseme:tank seat and radiator shrowds on my 2001 426???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted January 06, 2004 - 07:41 PM

Tried to fit the WR IMS tank/seat that fit my 98' WR400, and later 02'WR426, to the 03'WR450. No way... Different seat length (longer in 03') and a revised position of the saddle post on the tank nixed that $ saving plan.

• PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 08:28 AM

It should be possible, but will require a lot of work and $$$. There are some that have done the new YZF set-up, but it requires the tank, shrouds, seat, subframe, airbox, side panels, rear fender, and minor frame modifications. Possible exhaust mods too.

I decided it was cheaper to go to a Zipty fuel tank and YZF seat. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.