Mohard Racing Rad Guards for WR450F / '12 .vs '13

9 replies to this topic
  • mebgardner

Posted January 07, 2014 - 10:21 AM

I've contacted Mohard Racing over last few days, they are unwilling to "design" new rad guards for a 2013 WR450F. They dont have the time in their schedule, and they say the cycle "is not a popular model" (ie: not enough market to sell to).

They currently make and sell rad guards for a 2012 WR450F.

I told them I would be their gunnea pig for a test fit of the 2012 guards onto my 2013 model.

Anyone know why this would not work out?

Posted January 07, 2014 - 01:38 PM

I've contacted Mohard Racing over last few days, they are unwilling to "design" new rad guards for a 2013 WR450F. They dont have the time in their schedule, and they say the cycle "is not a popular model" (ie: not enough market to sell to).

They currently make and sell rad guards for a 2012 WR450F.

I told them I would be their gunnea pig for a test fit of the 2012 guards onto my 2013 model.

Anyone know why this would not work out?

12 and 13 are the same, why would they need to redesign them?

• mebgardner

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:30 PM

12 and 13 are the same, why would they need to redesign them?

I asked them this, too.  I also think they're the same.  Still poking at this...

• woods-rider

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:39 PM

No changes to the bike since '12, buy ones for a '12 and let it be.

• mebgardner

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:11 AM

OK, thanks.  Mohard Racing comes highly recommended by a senior forum member, and the pictures of the equipment show it's justified.

But... I'm not very impressed with their customer service.

But I think I'm gonna take your advice and work with them anyway.  For me, this particular protection is "critical equipment". I'm a new guy on this cycle, deep in canyon backcountry, and anything that helps keep me going after a get-off is very important to me. The rads especially take a beating.

Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mebgardner

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:16 AM

Rats! I mis-read their website.

They make for the WR250 in model year '12.

Oh well, un-obtanium from them after all...

Looks like Unabiker wins my business.

• man on moon

Posted February 20, 2014 - 12:28 AM

for sure the 2011's won't fit?

• mebgardner

Posted February 20, 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I'm sure. Things changed on this cycle in a big way at '12 and later.

• man on moon

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Someone with a 2012 or up wr needs to drop off at mohard to get fitted then we can all get them!  I think they are in Hanford, CA.

• man on moon

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:47 PM

Seriously, i talked to Dan from Mohard today, he said he would make him if he had the bike.  He says there could be a chance the YZ ones would fit.  I tried looking at the parts diagram, They could, the inside brackets look close.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.