2014 wr450

11 replies to this topic
  • Thearmyman83

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:13 AM

Has anyone had the radiator gaits over the exhaust catch on fire from the glowing header? Last night I put a different tune on it last night(Aussie map) let it idle from cold maybe 2 minutes and turned it off. 10 seconds later the rad guard was in flames.

• mebgardner

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:17 AM

Wow!  No, I have not.

• scott525

Posted January 07, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Has anyone had the radiator gaits over the exhaust catch on fire from the glowing header? Last night I put a different tune on it last night(Aussie map) let it idle from cold maybe 2 minutes and turned it off. 10 seconds later the rad guard was in flames.

I saw my header glowing way more with the Aussie map than the other maps. I immediately changed mine to the fmf map

Glad I did now!

• comp123

Posted January 07, 2014 - 12:41 PM

Never thought about mapping having anything to do with this situation. My 2012 wr450 ' with the FMF mapping'  has had two fires at the header. The first time it was leaves or sticks that had collected in the header area. The second time I stopped in high brush when I noticed a small brush fire starting under the bike. I have also seen the header glow bright red at times.

• Thearmyman83

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:36 PM

In the tuning which affects the header turning red ignition or fuel?

• scott525

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:51 PM

My guess would be fuel. Lean condition.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scott525

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:54 PM

Never thought about mapping having anything to do with this situation. My 2012 wr450 ' with the FMF mapping'  has had two fires at the header. The first time it was leaves or sticks that had collected in the header area. The second time I stopped in high brush when I noticed a small brush fire starting under the bike. I have also seen the header glow bright red at times.

Well I guess I might as well pack a lunch that I can cook over a fire! 

I may try adding +1 on the fuel at idle.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:02 PM

Well I guess I might as well pack a lunch that I can cook over a fire! 

I may try adding +1 on the fuel at idle.

More like + 5

• funt

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sounds like it needs the CO adjustment. 

• scott525

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:13 PM

More like + 5

Really?

Sounds like it needs the CO adjustment. 

I know my needs it. Just dont want to stop by the dealer and/or waste money on the FI tool.

• Thearmyman83

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Feel stupid what is CO?

• funt

Posted January 07, 2014 - 05:04 PM

I think carbon monoxide.  My other bike has diagnostic mode built in to the speedometer.  There's a CO setting that you can raise or lower to change the fuel mix at idle.  The lowest power tuner setting is centered at 4000 rpm and 1/8 throttle.  The CO adjustment would effect the idle more directly.

Edited by funt, January 07, 2014 - 05:08 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.