12 wr450 engine noise

7 replies to this topic
  • wrkronic450

Posted January 05, 2014 - 03:20 AM

Is it normal for a yammie engine to be noisy. I have only done 600km on the bike, and I have read they are tight from new but it seems a little loud compared to other bikes I have had

• gimped up

Posted January 05, 2014 - 03:27 AM

Can you describe the noise?

• wrkronic450

Posted January 05, 2014 - 03:59 AM

Piston noise. You can hear every stroke. Am I just being paranoid.
Does it just need to be worn in more

• gimped up

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:03 AM

Piston noise. You can hear every stroke. Am I just being paranoid.
Does it just need to be worn in more

What octane you running?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gimped up

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:07 AM

If your running too low of octane it will not sound right.
I had this issue with my yz400 and wr426.

• wrkronic450

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:35 AM

Running 98 octane is it any thing to worry about?
The other day when I got my power tuner I set it at the recommended idle rpm 1900-2100 seemed to start sweet and run good.
After a quick burn around the local mx track and getting it hm. I cleaned it and checked rpm it had dropped back to 1800 and was a pig to start

• beernutt

Posted January 05, 2014 - 10:45 AM

WRs have noisy clutches. Does the sound change while idling in neutral clutch in vs clutch out? The noise you're describing is common with a warm bike idling in neutral with the clutch not pulled, usually goes away when you pull the clutch.

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2014 - 11:24 AM

WRs have noisy clutches. Does the sound change while idling in neutral clutch in vs clutch out? The noise you're describing is common with a warm bike idling in neutral with the clutch not pulled, usually goes away when you pull the clutch.

http://www.thumperta...e/#entry4444207

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.