Black Plastic Kits

8 replies to this topic
  • rjp

Posted January 06, 2004 - 10:21 AM

I have 2000 WR400F with a baja DS kit and wouldlike to add black fenders, side panels, shrouds etc... Does the YZ plastic fit the WR? It seems hard to find black plastic shrouds and side panels. Anyone tried different models of plastic and made them work?

• jchantzWR400F

Posted January 06, 2004 - 10:56 AM

The front and rear fenders will interchange. The yz shrouds will not work with the wr tank for 2000 models. The side pannels will also interchange.

• SXP

Posted January 06, 2004 - 12:54 PM

As far as the side panels go, you will have to cut off some of the ribbing/bracing on the left panel (if it's a YZ panel) to allow the coolant reservoir to fit (assuming you haven't removed it) - it's easy and works just fine

• PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 08:51 AM

I have a YZF rear fender and the following UFO universal rear tail light/plate/turnsignal setup and it looks great. :)

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 09:03 AM

P.S. The only souce of radiator shrouds in black that I have found is Yamaha GYTR parts. :)

• rjp

Posted January 11, 2004 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for the input folks...I love this site for info, small or large! :)

• MOmilkman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 11:40 AM

I think theres some Euro company overseas that sells black plastic too.
I had their catalog once but I cant remember their name now.

Sorry. :)

• SBG

Posted January 14, 2004 - 12:32 PM

Porbably "Polisport". Their website isn't 100%, and they don't appear to have a distibution center in the US. They make the headlights for husky, and they have a lot of other headlight designs that aren't as dated as UFO, nor are they as over the top futuristic as Acerbis.

• MOmilkman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 12:51 PM

Porbably "Polisport".

Thats it. :D

Thanks dude. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.