Intro

26 replies to this topic
  • SAWR450BOY

Posted August 03, 2014 - 09:36 AM

Dang that is a bike that has been severely neglected. Nice to see you bringing her back to life.

Thanks Weekend Rider, don't know why neglect bike like this. But I love doing rebuilds and mods. You never get ones money back but sure is rewarding for me.

• SAWR450BOY

Posted October 11, 2015 - 08:07 AM

Rebuild has been very slow as our exchange rate has been a killer, but been all worth it so far. New rims, brakes and body work in storage until I can afford new radiators and guards as the old ones are beyond repair. Just need to get larger fuel tank and have the forks and rear shock rebuilt to suit my riding style and unique physique.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0729.JPG
  • DSC_0730.JPG

• SAWR450BOY

Posted April 12, 2016 - 12:57 AM

Starting to make real progress, Few things still to be carried out, but very happy with the results so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1457785021217.jpg
  • DSC_0208.JPG
  • DSC_0209.JPG
  • DSC_0211.JPG
  • DSC_0220.JPG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted April 12, 2016 - 06:12 PM

Wow, this has to be the slowest build in history.

The work looks good and you will be happy with the finished product... if you ever finish it that is.

• SAWR450BOY

Posted April 13, 2016 - 02:06 AM

Wow, this has to be the slowest build in history.

The work looks good and you will be happy with the finished product... if you ever finish it that is.

Believe me, it will be finished, but a lot of other projects on at the same time. My Busa, the house, my child tends to take all my money. Only when I have spare change do I use it on the WR.

• SAWR450BOY

Posted August 21, 2016 - 12:18 PM

So fitted new radiators, had the carb ultrasonic cleaned, checked and fitted Zipty fuel screw, pipes and orings, filled up with oil, water and antifreeze, new plug and rigged up a bottle for fuel and connected battery. Tried to start, but just cranks over and back fires, checked timing - all good, getting spark - check, getting fuel - yes, checked connectors but still refuses to start, seems to back fire both through carb and exhaust, decided to pull carb and go through again, all with in spec, at a loss what else could be wrong.  Any ideas? 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4860.JPG
  • DSC_4865.JPG

• IdahoWR

Posted August 21, 2016 - 06:36 PM

That's awesome to see another bike brought back from the dead

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.