2000 YZ426F upgrade questions

8 replies to this topic
  • cole40

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hey guys, I am slowly learning more and more about my bike and I have a few questions. This bike is mainly for trails and every once in a while I will take it on tracks. Currently it has a GP steering stabilizer, FMF full exhaust, enduro tank and wheels and WR gears. I have heard and read a lot about people changing the flywheel to a heavier one for trail riding. Does anyone know of some good brands? Also what other changes should I make to make my bike best for trail riding? Thanks guys

• tang426

Posted January 20, 2014 - 04:56 PM

Put a recluse in it. I have the same bike. If I didn't have the auto clutch I would have sold it and got something else i ride tight single track lots of stalling. Not anymore

• jpreel915

Posted January 21, 2014 - 08:45 AM

I have a 12oz heavier flywheel for mine, its a Stelthy one - however I think I bought their last one.  If you can find a heavier one they do make a huge difference.  I also put a 13 tooth counter sproket and now the bike climbs great without low speed stalling.

• dfwhockey17

Posted January 21, 2014 - 10:40 AM

I have a set of 3 flywheel weights that would fit your bike...They are 6oz,8oz and 10oz I believe, brand new made by Zip Ty racing and repackaged by MSR. They come with the hardware and instructions for install. PM me if interested and maybe we can work something out...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cole40

Posted January 22, 2014 - 12:00 PM

Sent you a pm Trent. Thanks guys for the info. Keep it coming, I currently am looking and debating on a sprocket and chain setup to replace mine with. 

• mike_dean

Posted January 24, 2014 - 05:13 AM

Lower gearing, flywheel weight, set idle higher, make sure the clutch is adjusted so you can keep a couple fingers on the bar when you disengage it, or an EXP Rekluse, and don't let it stall hot on an off camber hillside.

• tang426

Posted January 24, 2014 - 05:25 AM

That sums it up

• mike_dean

Posted January 24, 2014 - 04:21 PM

One more irem, a decompression exhaust cam from HotCams.

• jakeh_16

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:07 PM

Currently it has a GP steering stabilizer, FMF full exhaust, enduro tank and wheels and WR gears.

did you put WR426 gears into a YZ426? if so are the ratios better, lower first gear?

I also cannot find a steering stabilizer for my yz400f, where did u get urs?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.