Bash Plate for '13 WR450?

Yamaha WR250R 2013

3 replies to this topic
  • mebgardner

Posted December 31, 2013 - 04:17 PM

I looked for TT's bash plate, which I like on a DRZ, and I do not see one in the parts store for the WR450F model.

I do not want a carbon fiber.  I bash mine pretty hard on occasion, and I'll wreck a carbon fiber plate quickly.

Aluminum I can take a sledge hammer to, and straighten by beating on it, which is just compense for me beating up my cycle.

So, an aluminum plate would be best, with good coverage of the oil and water pumps (which I've wrecked by bashing through plates before).

Any recommendations, please?

• DRZ04

Posted January 01, 2014 - 05:15 PM

After looking at part of what is out there I settled for Works Connection. It has as good of coverage as any that I saw out there. There are others that look like they have the same or better coverage but didn't have one for the 2012 or 2013 WR450. It installed easily using the stock mounting holes. They wrap up covering the clutch side good. I would have liked the ignition side to come up higher but it covers from forward coming impacts. If you fall over to one side or the other a rock could get to either case cover. Over all a good quality product.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • supastipa

Posted January 01, 2014 - 06:43 PM

My recommendation would be the Ricochet. I have had one on mine for years, very tough.

• FastRides

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:35 AM

I raced harescrambles with this one in Nevada for a couple of years on an '07WR - very rocky, nasty terriroty.  The Flatland Racing plate is pretty stout aluminum that has endured very well over time.  It's less expensive than most other brands and you can change your oil easily without removing it by simply cutting up a used milk jug.  To reduce vibration/noise, I cut small pieces of bicycle inner tube to insert between the frame and plate.  Check out the pic on Flatland's website, the plate has guards that extend up on both sides to protect the pumps (which I duly tested several times in Nevada).  It's excellent and well worth the $.

Related Content

Yamaha WR250R 2013 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha WR250R 2013
  • * * * * -
  • 13 reviews
  • Last review by TacOregon00
  • On October 16, 2016

wr250r will the check engine light come on with fmf slip on exhaust? by littledub

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha Dual-Sport
  • 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.