Making a 426 into a 450?

3 replies to this topic
  • Tyler426

Posted January 06, 2004 - 01:16 AM

I was thinkin about how the 426 and 450 have the same bore and the 450 has a longer stroke. So would it be possible to put a couple 450 parts into a 426 to make the stroke the same as the 450 or is something like that a stupid idea?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted January 06, 2004 - 09:20 AM

If it works, let me know. Hopefully, it will only require the rod and crank! You may want to get a few extra woodruff keys! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PowerFiend

Posted January 07, 2004 - 08:43 AM

Put in the Powroll 2mm stroker crank and a 2mm larger piston. Should be cheaper and easier.

Posted January 07, 2004 - 09:10 AM

The 450 motor is physically quite a bit smaller than the 426. I would be surprised if the rod length and deck height would be correct for a 426 top end. I'm pretty sure the 450 cylinder will not bolt up to the 426 cases.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.