stator upgrade or wr replacement?

3 replies to this topic
  • gobig-or-gohome

Posted December 30, 2013 - 07:06 PM

hay guys, I have been trailing the blogs for some time reading in on some topics about yz stators and have some ideas. I would like to swap a wr stator into my yz and from what I can tell, it should work as far as fitting the parts under the oem cover. I don't need the starter, so my problem is just sorting out the wiring. the pulse coil is a no brainer but the yz has four wires. two for an exciter and the other two not so sure about. I thought about starting up the bike to take some volt readings but haven't had time. if I can i would run the power from a bat. to the cdi box, depending on cdi requirements.. any help would be great

james :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted December 31, 2013 - 07:39 AM

What size is your YZ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gobig-or-gohome

Posted December 31, 2013 - 12:36 PM

• grayracer513

Posted January 01, 2014 - 01:13 AM

First, you're in the wrong forum, so I'll move the post.

You're a little tight with your information about your bike, but here's the deal.  If you have an '06-'09, and you have $1200 or so to spend, and can do your own work, you can install the stator and flywheel for a price:

http://www.thumperta...hts-on-your-yz/

If you have an '03-'05 YZ450, it's pretty much the same problem, but you also have to buy a set of '03-'06 WR450 crankcases to go with it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.