Throttle wheel shortening?

For quite some time I have been having to reach extra far to be able to open my throttle wide open. Because of the awkward hand/wrist position I have been getting arm-pump frequently. I always think I have the throttle fully opened for max power but always find that I have more if I could twist my hand more.

Are there any solutions of adjustments I could make to eliminate this bothersome problem????

Gixxer,

Have you trimmed your throttle stop to the correct length?

I purchased a used 00WR and had the same problem. The throttle stop had been cut down to the threads. Throttle would turn a long ways but the last 1/4 turn didn't do anything but get my elbow pointed to the dirt. Once the slide reaches the top of the throat is should stop.

Gixxer,

Have you trimmed your throttle stop to the correct length?

I purchased a used 00WR and had the same problem. The throttle stop had been cut down to the threads. Throttle would turn a long ways but the last 1/4 turn didn't do anything but get my elbow pointed to the dirt. Once the slide reaches the top of the throat is should stop.

Same problem I have, that last 1/4 where good power is gives me carpal tunnel just to get to. Maybe the cable did stretch a bit and I will look into adjusting where throttle cables run into the carbs on the right side. Thanks for help

there are to places to adjust the throttle cable (2003 model) one near the grip and the other on the carb.

Maybe the throttle cable has stretched?

I did do the thorttle stop mod but did not adjust anything after that. I don't think the bike has adjustments by the throttle but I do know it has them by the carb. I will try this ?