Light Weight Bar Risers?

6 replies to this topic
  • mebgardner

Posted December 30, 2013 - 04:54 PM

I have a set of 55 mm bar height risers for a 7/8" bar, from Twisted Throttle.

I like them, but they are all-steel and have a hefty weight I'd like to avoid this time with my 1 1/8" stock bar on my '13 WR450F.

Any suggestions for whose risers I should look at? I dont need that tall, but I sure dont want all steel bricks attached on my bars, either.

Thank You!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 30, 2013 - 05:14 PM

You are not going to find better 'add on' bar risers unless you go to a different system like BRP sub mount or TAG racing mounts.

• mebgardner

Posted December 31, 2013 - 04:12 PM

You are not going to find better 'add on' bar risers unless you go to a different system like BRP sub mount or TAG racing mounts.

OK, Thanks.

I ordered a SUB type Scotts, so I'll pick up ~15mm rise from that, and maybe I'll call it good with that much.  I'm tall tho, so I'll likely want more rise than that.

I was surprised at this answer of "none better for add on". I trust your opinion, and I'm grateful for the help.

I've got to add tho, I have a pair of these from SW Motech, and they are heavy.

What do you think of Rox brand, swivel type?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 31, 2013 - 05:12 PM

OK, Thanks.

I ordered a SUB type Scotts, so I'll pick up ~15mm rise from that, and maybe I'll call it good with that much.  I'm tall tho, so I'll likely want more rise than that.

I was surprised at this answer of "none better for add on". I trust your opinion, and I'm grateful for the help.

I've got to add tho, I have a pair of these from SW Motech, and they are heavy.

What do you think of Rox brand, swivel type?

I tried them. They are really for quads.

I found the positioning options they offered to be useless. 

They are also extremely quadtard-ish looking.

I used the BRP Submount (or the GRP version) with the 'heavy' bar riser spacers (15mm) and CR High bar bend, bars set at + 1.0 forward.

I'm 6'4".

• mebgardner

Posted December 31, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ah, you bought a new bar.  I'm trying to avoid that until I bend this one.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 31, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Ah, you bought a new bar.  I'm trying to avoid that until I bend this one.

So, kick up the side stand, and let go.   :banana:

• FastRides

Posted January 02, 2014 - 12:18 PM

You are not going to find better 'add on' bar risers unless you go to a different system like BRP sub mount.

+1.  Another suggestion for you, meb...  I'm right at 6' and went with the BRP sub mount (with a Scott's stabilizer) with Bonz Performance bar mounts in combination with Cycra hand gaurds.  Much more comfortable for long rides and the unique design of the Bonz mounts increases the structural integrity of the bars... ask me I how I know. :thumbsup: Borders on bling, but I'm convinced I would have trashed several sets of bars and hand guards without 'em.

http://www.bikebonz..../hgm/sm_hgm.htm

http://www.bikebonz..../hgm/sm_hgm.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.