Grey Wire question

1 reply to this topic
  • Alzy

Posted December 30, 2013 - 01:06 PM

On my 08 WR 450 that came out of Edmonton, Canada, the grey wire does not come out the other side of the connector clip.  I assume this means it is not connected and I do not need to pop out the grey wire or cut it.   Is it only the bikes for the US that need this mod carried out? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted December 30, 2013 - 01:25 PM

If the wire is not there, either your bike did not come with it or it was removed. Too many 'gray market' bikes go over the border to know definitievely if your is untouched.

If compelled, you can check the wiring harness thoughn I'd not worry about it unless you wanted to connect it to soften the hit. If you, simply connect to ground.

Make you you check the throttle stop. Confirm the slide rises to the top of the carb throat.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.