Stiffer throttle for '14

3 replies to this topic
  • jc6711

Posted December 27, 2013 - 05:15 PM

I am looking for a stiffer throttle spring and or mod to help stiffen up the throttle on my bike. Its just too loose for my like and with the throttle response I tends to get really choppy on me. I have not even looked a the throttle body yet to see how the setup is due to my bike being 40 miles from my home. 

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 27, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I had a buddy complain of the same on an 09,   I found the cables had tons slack in them making throttle action sloppy/choppy when riding. Sort of imprecise on/off action.  Couple turns of the cable adjuster took the slack out and tightend up the throttle action.

Not sure this applies to you, but worth a check.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jc6711

Posted December 28, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Its not really slack as its just a very loose throttle. So when it gets choppy, the throttle gets choppy. Although I will try what you said and maybe it will fix it. 

• rickallen124

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:59 AM

You can try on of the G2 throttle tubes that will change the pulley leverage ratio at the throttle tube which will mellow out the throttle response from your hand. If you have access to a GYTR tuner you can put in a mellower map that would also reduce how responsive the throttle is.

Edited by rickallen124, December 30, 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.