2007 YZ450f Jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • Diesel7

Posted December 27, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hey guys, I have a Timbersled Mountain Horse kit on my bike (for those of you who have not heard of these you should check it out, pretty awesome and fun) and I am planning a trip to Cooke City, Montana. The elevation there is about 7600' and the temp is about 14F.

Right now my bike is completely stock along with stock jetting. I am hoping someone can help me out with any info on what I should be using for the jetting at that elevation and temperature.

Where all of my normal riding is the stock jetting seems to be fine but the elevation is only about 1900'. Any help would be great!

Thanks guys

• rdefonce

Posted December 29, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hey guys, I have a Timbersled Mountain Horse kit on my bike (for those of you who have not heard of these you should check it out, pretty awesome and fun) and I am planning a trip to Cooke City, Montana. The elevation there is about 7600' and the temp is about 14F.

Right now my bike is completely stock along with stock jetting. I am hoping someone can help me out with any info on what I should be using for the jetting at that elevation and temperature.

Where all of my normal riding is the stock jetting seems to be fine but the elevation is only about 1900'. Any help would be great!

Thanks guys

Your motor will require a lot of fuel with that extra load, at that elevation, and at that temperature.

you better put at least a couple sizes larger main jet in it, and raise the needle up at least one clip position from stock. A larger than stock pilot jet should help also.

Definitely don't want to run it too lean, better to be slightly rich than too lean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Diesel7

Posted December 29, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for the guidance! I've been searching for a couple days now on the internet and calling/emailing shops and dealers, none of which have been able to help me. Any more feedback would be great!

Thanks again!

• Diesel7

Posted December 29, 2013 - 09:53 AM

I have also found correction factor tables on the net, telling me to multiply (mostly 0.98) by the jet size in the carb already and this should give me the size I need for both main and pilot. Should I just be using this as a guideline or is it pretty accurate?

• grayracer513

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Roughly, go 1% leaner for each 1000' increase in altitude, and 1% richer for each 12 degrees lower than your normal riding temperatures.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.