updating 03 yz450f looks

4 replies to this topic
  • Mr. Parker

Posted December 26, 2013 - 10:32 PM

I got a deal on a 03 yz450f with older plactics with some creases and whats left of some stock looking graphics. What should i do to spruce it up? Can I run newer model plastics or is it best to replace with a fitted kit from acerbis or polisport? 

It's a woods/trails bike, and I'll probably have it on its sides alot. haha

It's got a blue frame and blue stock tank. It was all painted black with plastic paint at one time, as the fenders are still black and some crevises elsewhere are.

I really like the newer white bikes and think that black plastics would look beat up easier but dont wanna go with the oem mostly blue setup.

Sorry for running on, any ideas? 

111.jpg 222.jpg 333.jpg

Edited by CJParker, December 26, 2013 - 10:37 PM.

• 5point9

Posted December 27, 2013 - 04:19 PM

what exhaust do you have on that? Looks rectangular?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ450DC

Posted December 28, 2013 - 12:06 AM

i have white and blue plastics on my 09 and i really like the combination but if you want to keep the white somewhat clean your going to have to scrub her down every ride lol

• Mr. Parker

Posted December 30, 2013 - 02:41 PM

what exhaust do you have on that? Looks rectangular?

I believe it is a White Bros aluminum something. not sure of what model.

• fdme

Posted December 30, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good luck with your plastic search. They don't make any other colors than the stock blue and white combo any more as far as I know. Ufo and a few other companies at one time made yellow black and white plastics for every piece. If you look hard enough, you can find these still on eBay etc.

You can still find white front and rear fenders but the radiator shrouds are usually harder to find in different colors.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.