Steering dampener for pig which one????

43 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted January 06, 2004 - 01:38 PM

Another vote for GPR. I run them on my XR650R and my CR500R. Won't leave home without them! My 500 was a handfull flat out in a sand wash. You know the story...the "Infamous Honda Headshake"! Put a GPR on it and it changed the whole attitude of the motorcycle! Turned it into a Tomahawk Missile. I even geared it up. I know that people like the big KX's out in the wide open spaces, but I feel that the big CR can hold it's own and then some. Not to get off track...back to the issue...GPR; great product, great customer service...Good...not bad :)

Should'a had one on my XR70R last weekend when my Rokatt Scientist Son was riding it...The doctor said his tibia should be as good as new in 6 to 8 weeks! :D :D

Rokatt Report...Over 'n Out!

• Kritter

Posted January 06, 2004 - 02:18 PM

Just ordered a scotts combo with CR high bars and bolt on mount...I like that the knob protrudes so you can grab it. Im not smokin fast so I can adjust it easily on the fly. I also like the zero to center. I will tell you how it works after Jack Rabbits on Sunday.

• qadsan

Posted January 06, 2004 - 02:34 PM

Hey Rocket88, what damper do you have on your CRF450 :)

OK, I don't see a CRF in your profile yet, so you must still be on the hunt, or are you waiting for the 'X'? :D

• Kritter

Posted January 06, 2004 - 03:12 PM

Im puttin the scotts on my crf...want to ride it Qadsan?

• irondude

Posted January 06, 2004 - 03:38 PM

I had a friend that tore his scrotum on his damper on a mx track bailing over the bars on a CRF.

- uugghh, gulp. euuww. jesus thats a nasty image.... :)

• qadsan

Posted January 06, 2004 - 04:05 PM

Im puttin the scotts on my crf...want to ride it Qadsan?

Heck yeah! You may not ever get it back :D, but yeah, I'd like to. :D

We're getting our house, barn, stables & my shop fumigated/tented in the next few weeks, so we're busy trying to get ready for it, but I need a break from all this stuff and badly 'need' to go riding after this since you're twisting my arm :)

• Rokatt88

Posted January 06, 2004 - 04:19 PM

Yo Qadizzle!

When we were out at Ocotillo for New Year's, my kids weren't able to join me for a couple of days. Gave me some Daddy time on the CRF250F. What a Great Bike! I had a chance to put it through it's paces running with the Big Dogs (CRF450R's). The 250 can hold it's own pretty darn good in the open sections and when it get tight & twisty...SEE YA! :D It's my bike while my Mensa Son heals his leg! I may have to get another one. Man are they FUN! Very stable too. May not even need a stabilizer...Damn! :)

• Kritter

Posted January 06, 2004 - 08:09 PM

I will be up in Phelan saturday testing my gearing and damper, Red mountain sunday for Jack Rabbits and then lucerrne the 25th for H& tell me when you want to hook up. No riding over the 18th as I will be at the Laughlin race.

• Kritter

Posted January 07, 2004 - 09:10 AM

• loufish

Posted January 07, 2004 - 03:40 PM

I run the Scotts, but if I were to do it all over, I might go with the GBR, I have been out at the races, and can say the customer support from GBR is fantastic! I think Scotts might be getting better with its support, I had a problem with a broken shear pin, and they replaced it for free, parts and labor.
As far as performance goes, I'm very pleased with the Scotts...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted January 07, 2004 - 10:08 PM

You are getting off the subject - steering dampeners. The 250 does need one for the sand. Oh by the way, the 450's were just hanging with you because we think your cool!

• Rokatt88

Posted January 08, 2004 - 08:08 AM

HA! Yeah, I used to think the 650 was so stable that it didn't need one either. Then I got the GPR and found a whole new warp speed! :) Gonna take the Scotts off my son's KDX and mount it up on the Dos Feefty and see how that works (Parts Robber! Parts Robber!).

Hey, I gotta tell ya...To be honest with ya (in my best OC Chopper imitation)...That CRF250F is one hell of a moto-sickle and is a Ton 'o Fun!

We ridin' this weekend T-Diddy1100? :D

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted January 08, 2004 - 07:48 PM

We be riding the Wells of Ocotillo on Sunday and I am taking the 450. Tomahawk and King Castle are coming along. :)

• Rokatt88

Posted January 09, 2004 - 09:02 AM

Mmmmmmm....Wells of Ocotillo....

Have you ever noticed that the Salton Sea smells like Lorax's Mom? :D What a SkanK! :) :D

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted January 09, 2004 - 01:09 PM

Damn, is that what that smell was coming from Salton Sea? Never smelled anything so nasty in my life!
Dude......clean your mom.

• Kritter

Posted January 09, 2004 - 01:41 PM

New Scott's triple clamp/bars/stabilizer combo and Renthal ribbed for his pleasure grips...
Posted Image

Posted Image

• Carlisle1972

Posted January 11, 2004 - 08:01 PM

Just bought a scotts gold for 330.00 on e bay its the kind that bolts into the oil dipstick but not a bad price im excited. Thanks I was looking at a new GPR but this sounded like a great deal. Will let you know what I think (im sure it will be great!) :)

• Kritter

Posted January 11, 2004 - 08:13 PM

Raced Sunday at red mountain and would have to say that the stabilizer paid for itself by keeping me out of the hospital! Was neck and neck with a guy funneling from the bomb into the single track and he started swapping out in the whoops and his bar hit me square in the forearm and my bars didnt budge at all, but his deflected the other way and it put him right on the ground...a sore forearm with a huge bruise is much better then soil/rock samples at speed! Easy to adjust...can tell it works, and it looks badass!

• irondude

Posted January 11, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Hey Kritter-
How was Jack Rabbit? Who won?

• Kritter

Posted January 11, 2004 - 09:58 PM

IT was great, tight, technical, lots of whoops and idea who won as I left shortly after I finished. I rode as a guest of Desert MCs and those old dudes are FAST!

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.