Yz426 accerator pump actuator stuck?!

3 replies to this topic
  • bluedevilbullies101

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:45 AM

I have a fcr stock 426 carb that when the throttle is pushed the black actuator move. I can't even move with my hand. Also the pump rod won't lock in place where suppose too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• bluedevilbullies101

Posted December 21, 2013 - 07:21 AM

Actually the ball on the end of rod os not connected to arm that holds it. Does it just snap in place?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dreadlord

Posted March 03, 2015 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like a problem i had with my carb when replaceing the needle. I am willing to bet someone at somepoint removed the slide to replace the needle and in doing so the cam that the accel pump arm rides on went past the stop. to fix you need to remove carb from bike and take out the screw on the slide arm connected to the throttle linkage. to do this remove the top of the carb , its a plate with two allen screws 6mm i think . Make sure you dont loose the o ring casket under the cover. looking down on the slide from the top you will see a single scre holding the arm to the linkage body  #2 phillips removes the screw. after it is removed you can slide the throttle linkage out abount 3/8 of a inch to the right side to allow you to put the accel pump back on the cam. You have to hol the twister where your throttle cables attach  to keep spring in right place as you slide it out to right some , just enough to take screwdriver and move metal accel pump arm towards front of carb to ride on cam which is now out of way so you can use screwdriver to move and hold accel pump arm in correct position. then slide throttle linkage back into carb in original position. replace screw and tighten to hold slide arms on flat spot on pin where it came out of. then you should be able to take a flathead scewdriver and push pushrod from accel pump back into black plastic notch on end it is a rounded hole that pushrod from accel pump clicks into . then check function of accel pump by twisting linkage where the throttle cables connect and check squirt timing for slide and accel pump. You want it to squirt past slide as it goes up just barely missing slide. there is a screw on metal arm that actuates black plastic arm adjust this to get squirt timed. once it is timed how you want it put top back on carb making sure o ring gasket is in place tighten two allen screws and reinstall carb dont overtighten allen screws they only need to be snug.  This explanation is kinda rough and assumes you have some working knowledge of a carb and how to remove it. Hope it helps  once ya look at your carb you should be able to get the jist of what im saying.

• grayracer513

Posted March 04, 2015 - 07:48 AM

The thread is over a year old.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.