Best Throttle Tube?

6 replies to this topic
  • Yammer-Hammer

Posted December 19, 2013 - 09:34 AM

I' m going to be replacing the throttle tube on my '02 426, there are a few options out there for after market throttle tubes, so i'm wondering what throttle tube has the best response? I want a super responsive throttle tube with a short twist.  

Heres two that seem pretty good:

Pro Taper Twister tube - http://www.protaper....s/twister-tubes

G2 Quick Turn Throttle Tube - http://www.g2ergo.co...-throttle-tube/\

Or is the OEM one already about as good as they come for response and short twist? Because you can buy aluminum clones of the OEM cam and tube

• Yzflier977

Posted December 19, 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've got the G2 and I love it.  I ride mx only and it shortened up the throttle by about a third versus OEM.  I also remember a guy posting on here a while back about taking some pvc pipe and epoxying it to the top of his oem throttle tube where the cable rides.  Basically changing the curve of the cam.  I wasn't too sure about the home made remedy so I just bought the G2.  Not sure if it's the shortest or quickest, but for how I ride it works.

• DC_Excitement

Posted December 19, 2013 - 08:17 PM

i have the twister with the bearing, it is so smooth and tight (not sexual) . all my buddies bought one when they tried it out, :thumbsup:

Edited by davecarrr414, December 19, 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yammer-Hammer

Posted December 19, 2013 - 08:54 PM

[quote name="davecarrr414" post="11243144" timestamp=" it is so smooth and tight (not sexual) . :thumbsup:[/quote]

Haha that gave me a good laugh when i read it, haha

• Bturner

Posted December 22, 2013 - 01:23 PM

i have the twister with the bearing, it is so smooth and tight (not sexual) . all my buddies bought one when they tried it out, :thumbsup:

I'm about to change my throttle tube out & I want one w/ a bearing to, just wasn't sure if it was worth it. So it's super buttery smooth? How's the Maintanice on it? Same as a regular tube? I run bark busters & I haven't seen one that I can use with those yet. Which one are you running? Thanks

• DC_Excitement

Posted December 23, 2013 - 04:19 AM

every bike I own will have one from here out, extremely smooth and no play, the only maintenance I have done is just keep it clean between the bar and tube, never had a problem with any dirt yet. 

as for bark busters I don't think this tube will work.

• slowgs2001

Posted December 23, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I also run the pro taper twister ll. Freakin awesome unit.. while back my brother rode my bike and I rode his, mine had the twister ll and his was the OEM. We both noticed immediately the difference.. his was so stiff and had Friction.. he said right a way.. DAANG THAT'S NICE

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.