BK Mod for '02 YZ

1 reply to this topic
  • MX_Tuner

Posted December 29, 2001 - 06:12 AM

Just a note to let you guys know. I had an '02 YZ 426 here last night. Pulled the carb to check the AP squirt time. It was almost 4 seconds. So I did the BK mod and am waiting to hear the results later this weekend. But by the looks of it, the '02 is a likely candidate for the mod. I know there was a lot of speculation whether it needed it or not.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted December 29, 2001 - 07:44 AM

Hey Mark,

Just to let you know: I know 2 people who did the mod on 02' YZ426's and they love the results! The squirt duration on the 2 bikes were both over 3 secs (on my 01' it was about 4.5 secs) Now since it is getting colder I am richening up the needle clip one position!

If you guys havent bought James Dean's jetting guide (for $19.95) , then you are missing ALOT! This spreadsheet is "beginner friendly" and even graphs the jetting changes for you...it also takes in altitude and temperature into consideration! This is definately a worthwhile investment, and it isnt just for YZF's either! Has anyone else tried JD's spreadsheet? Because this things rocks! Later,

Garrett

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.