New 10 450 owner

11 replies to this topic
  • raptorgabe

Posted December 18, 2013 - 03:33 AM

What wyo everyone I just bought a 2010 yz450 f it has shortened exhaust stage one cams and a pc5! Is there any upgrades I should
Do right off hand ? Also I have seen air of
These motors get screwed up cuz something with the timing chain slippin teeth anyone know anything about that !

• throttle violence

Posted December 18, 2013 - 04:04 AM

What wyo everyone I just bought a 2010 yz450 f it has shortened exhaust stage one cams and a pc5! Is there any upgrades I should
Do right off hand ? Also I have seen air of
These motors get screwed up cuz something with the timing chain slippin teeth anyone know anything about that !

nothing wrong with these motors mines done 200hrs untouched.

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2013 - 07:31 AM

If you use cheap oil and/or don't change it often enough, you'll end up with links in the cam chain binding up.  That can eventually lead to the the chain skipping, which event can range from making the bike start hard and run poorly to scattering debris over 100 yards of race track. 

It's a race bike, not a toaster.  You have to maintain it.

• raptorgabe

Posted December 18, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I have seen 3 brake already in about 2 years !! Any upgrades u can tell a difference in power like exhaust or anything

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2013 - 09:52 AM

The stock muffler inhibits top end because the tip necks down too quickly (a noise reduction trick).  Any good quality slip-on will correct that. 

The off-idle throttle response is somewhat abrupt.  Injectioneering does a mod to correct this.

Get a GYT-R tuner and try the Jay Marmont map.

The bike is extraordinarily sensitive to suspension adjustments.  Play with the sag at around 105-115.  Pull the forks up about 5.

• raptorgabe

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:54 AM

So just a slip on ! What that gytr tuber be better than a pc5 cuz that's what's on it now

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Can you translate your question?  The GYT-R tuner doesn't stay on the bike, and I have no idea what "pc5" means.

• Zien19

Posted December 18, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Can you translate your question? The GYT-R tuner doesn't stay on the bike, and I have no idea what "pc5" means.

Pc5 is a piggyback fuel comp made by dynojet. You can adjust with a laptop or install a botch o2 sensor and run a mode that is auto tune. For what it's worth in a non heavily moded bike the gytr tunner is all you need. IMO.

• raptorgabe

Posted December 24, 2013 - 06:06 PM

it was on there when I bought the bike !! I was just wondering about it all !! so a slip on will work or is it worth it just to get the full system

• grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2013 - 01:31 PM

With the '10 at least, there was nothing wrong with the header at all. But the end of stock pipe has an abrupt reduction in diameter that brings the engine up short at top end. Most any well made slip-on will correct it. No reason to spring for the whole system.

• raptorgabe

Posted December 25, 2013 - 04:55 PM

found a new jardine exhaust on ebay for 235 shipped so would that be worth it than or would just a decept slip on i dont know much about that jardine or whatever

• raptorgabe

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:25 AM

ended up picking up the full titanium dr d exhaust on ebay for 165 so hopefully it works good ! anyone know where i can get a map for my power commander or will it affect the changes that much

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.