Have a weird leak… Video attached

5 replies to this topic
  • writebrian

Posted December 16, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Went riding two days ago and came home to low coolant level. Poured coolant while bike was on stand (I have not started it at all since that ride), and this is what I get. It seems to be leaking right from the bottom corner of that fitting.

Is there something in there that wears out and I need to replace? Or is it a matter of tightening that allen bolt down some more. Although I can't imagine that it's just metal on metal there.

• mostlyhonda

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:02 PM

There is an o-ring on that fitting that you can't see because its inside the head, to access it drain the coolant, remove the bolt and pull it out, I'm 99% sure that is the problem.

• writebrian

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Is it only on the bottom bolt? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 17, 2013 - 11:08 AM

The O-ring is in a groove on the pipe stub that inserts into the head.  Remove the bolt, wriggle the fitting out of its socket, and change it. 

• writebrian

Posted December 19, 2013 - 01:59 PM

…. $0.69 and a trip to AutoZone and the problem is fixed! 

Just want to say, thanks a million for helping us dumb newbies work on our bikes. I used to have a private mechanic before the economic down turn. I would tell him what's wrong with my bike, leave my garage door open and come home to a fixed machine with an invoice tucked into the seat. Now that I'm temporarily out of work, you guys are the only way I can still enjoy my passion. I'm also learning a lot and having fun working on my baby myself.

Don't know what I would do without TT.   :ride:   

• mostlyhonda

Posted December 19, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Everyone has to start somewhere, in my family none of us has ever let someone else work on our bikes and out of our 65 (between me and my dad) bikes we've only bought 1 that didn't need work. Have fun working on your bike:)

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.