Swingarm and linkage seals

2 replies to this topic
  • D-rek07

Posted December 15, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi,

I'm replacing the seals in the swingarm and shock linkage on my 2006 WR450f. I only need the seals. Will I have to go to a Yamaha shop or can I get these in the internet somewhere? I already know about the pivot works kit that has everything. Thank you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 15, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Pivot works

All Balls

OEM

OEM is best.

You can order all the parts individually on the TT store.

• GuyGraham

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Any bearing factor will be able to supply the seals

Just get the sizes, either of the seals or by direct measurement

Loads cheaper to buy as a generic engineering component than from Yamaha

Such an example in the uk is http://simplybearings.co.uk/

I never buy seals or bearings from Yamaha, unless they are specials

Here are the sizes (from a 2008 model) - yours maybe different being 2006. compare the part numbers on here http://www.ronayers....CHE-C22846.aspx

Bottom shock seals                         17 x 24 x 2.5                                                                                      

Linkage Oil Seals                            25 x 32 x 4 - 4 off                                                                                          

'U' Arm Oil Seals                             22 x 28 x 4 - 2 off                                                                                          

Swing Arm Oil seals                        Inner 22 x 28 x 6 - 2 off,

Outer 28 x 35 x 4 - 2 off

Edited by GuyGraham, December 16, 2013 - 10:25 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.