Michigan

Anyone remember these places near Oscoda, Mi.

10 replies to this topic
  • motoscotty

Posted December 13, 2013 - 11:20 PM

The track at the bombing range
The MX track on the Air Base
Bultaco Hill
7 mile hill

These are all place I rode growing up when I lived on the Base
Wurtsmith Air Force Base

• racerx_217

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Grew up riding the same area but all those places were gone by the time i was old enough. Rode bultaco and 7 mile hill thought. You ever ride at the abandoned quarry in Greenbush?

Edited by racerx_217, December 14, 2013 - 07:39 PM.

• 2TrakR

Posted December 15, 2013 - 04:40 AM

One of our Dual Sport routes passes Bultaco Hill. The old guys in the Club like to stop at the fences and reminisce about the good old days.

• motoscotty

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Grew up riding the same area but all those places were gone by the time i was old enough. Rode bultaco and 7 mile hill thought. You ever ride at the abandoned quarry in Greenbush?

Yes I did.
I grew up in Oscoda and rode all those place summer and winter

• adam728

Posted December 20, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Grew up there, just this summer the last family there moved away. I've ridden all those places. You can still somewhat follow the old track behind base, if I am thinking the same one (not the little loop that's a sandy shooting range right at the end of the runway, but further behind base, all overgrown now, some in an opening and much through the woods).

The old bombing range track is interesting on snowmobile, loys of good sized trees in the middle of corners and whoop sections.

I grew up at the top of 7 mile hill, top of the sand hill next to foote dam.

• motoscotty

Posted December 22, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Grew up there, just this summer the last family there moved away. I've ridden all those places. You can still somewhat follow the old track behind base, if I am thinking the same one (not the little loop that's a sandy shooting range right at the end of the runway, but further behind base, all overgrown now, some in an opening and much through the woods). The old bombing range track is interesting on snowmobile, loys of good sized trees in the middle of corners and whoop sections.I grew up at the top of 7 mile hill, top of the sand hill next to foote dam.

Nice,
I grew up off of River Rd across from Aldersgate apts and rode all over the woods and the trails that follow the AuSable.
The power lines, those were the days!!
7 mile was a blast,
That's crazy you can still ride the track on the base!!

• jonha

Posted February 04, 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yup, I was stationed at WAFB from 1983 to 1991. Good times. Stil live in Michigan, but only go to Oscoda with the road bike.

• motoscotty

Posted February 07, 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yup, I was stationed at WAFB from 1983 to 1991. Good times. Stil live in Michigan, but only go to Oscoda with the road bike.

So you were there in Oct 88 when then plane crashed.
That was crazy

I need to go back for a visit

• ride_red

Posted February 08, 2014 - 06:21 PM

pl.jpg

Damn.jpg

• FordBlueHeart

Posted February 09, 2014 - 03:09 PM

I have some service accounts right on the base as well as some other local businesses. I try to drive a different way every time. Anyone remember Melvin's Motorcycle Museum? It closed this past year due to embezzlement.

• adam728

Posted February 10, 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have some service accounts right on the base as well as some other local businesses. I try to drive a different way every time. Anyone remember Melvin's Motorcycle Museum? It closed this past year due to embezzlement.

That's too bad, I made several visits there when in town. Wasn't open all that long really.

I remember the plan crash too. I was only 7, but recall driving by and seeing the wreckage.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.