'06 Wr450F, updated.

24 replies to this topic
  • firedog55

Posted January 24, 2014 - 06:31 PM

What rear fender is that and is the brake light plug and play?

The rear fender is made by UFO, they call it "Enduro Rear Fender" for the WR450F. Not plug and play. I had to splice/solder the Yamaha connector to the UFO wiring.

• firedog55

Posted January 24, 2014 - 06:37 PM

That has to be the cleanest steel frame WR in the world! Beautiful!!

Thanks for the compliment, have you seen these?

214wa34.jpg

vn12y1.jpg

ad2fmh.jpg

Taken after last Sunday's ride. Took 4 hrs. on Monday to get it cleaned up and lubed.

Edited by firedog55, January 24, 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rocky739

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:23 PM

Light mud. A bit of simple green will take care of that!

I picked up a lightly used 2003 a couple years ago, only had a few scrapes and paint was worn off the frame a bit when I got it, now after two seasons of smashing against Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee rocks and trees it looks a little battle worn.

I really like the looks of the steel frame over the alu ones, no good reason...

Just picked up a 2008 YZ450f in mint condition that I'm fixing up for moto duty. I have all new plastic (to switch it from white to blue) Might give you a run for your money when it's done!

• firedog55

Posted January 25, 2014 - 02:45 PM

Light mud. A bit of simple green will take care of that!
I picked up a lightly used 2003 a couple years ago, only had a few scrapes and paint was worn off the frame a bit when I got it, now after two seasons of smashing against Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee rocks and trees it looks a little battle worn.
I really like the looks of the steel frame over the alu ones, no good reason...

Just picked up a 2008 YZ450f in mint condition that I'm fixing up for moto duty. I have all new plastic (to switch it from white to blue) Might give you a run for your money when it's done!

Awesome, show us some pictures when you get it done.

• firedog55

Posted February 08, 2014 - 03:18 PM

The final update I think:

'08 headlight
jzjey1.jpg

xlwd5d.jpg

Billet rear axel blocks and rear brake clevis:
ddj9c3.jpg

TM DesignWorks chain guide:
108gumh.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.