Cold weather riding mods

2 replies to this topic
  • ZZ4Blazer

Posted December 08, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Is there a thread, sticky, something on cold weather riding modifications?  Searched for multiple things with little result.

Didn't get to ride my dirt bike as much as Id liked this year due to a bad oil leak and the mystery headlight. Although with my tiger now I rode the most this year that I have in my life, and don't think Im gonna make it till march without riding. 

My tigers put away for the winter, and spend most of the evening studding a tire(damn that took a lot of screws!)

We're supposed to have a good normal winter here this season and Id like to go play in the snow.   Reservoir is only like a mile, figure Ill give some ice riding a try. MIght even ride to work on my birthday in January too.

I have the JD kit, and bike has run flawless this year when I got to ride it.  Ill swap the blue needle in, and Id assume richer on the main?

What about the rads?  Or will the bike run warm enough if Im running it hard enough.

Some kind of cold weather sticky would be a good addition to the forum imo.

Edited by ZZ4Blazer, December 08, 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revyrider

Posted December 09, 2013 - 07:01 AM

look on the snowest forum under snowbikes. I have a Timbersled conversion kit on my '07 wr450 & found lots of good tips for modding bikes for winter riding.

• wr4502012

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Is there a thread, sticky, something on cold weather riding modifications?  Searched for multiple things with little result.

Didn't get to ride my dirt bike as much as Id liked this year due to a bad oil leak and the mystery headlight. Although with my tiger now I rode the most this year that I have in my life, and don't think Im gonna make it till march without riding. 

My tigers put away for the winter, and spend most of the evening studding a tire(damn that took a lot of screws!)

We're supposed to have a good normal winter here this season and Id like to go play in the snow.   Reservoir is only like a mile, figure Ill give some ice riding a try. MIght even ride to work on my birthday in January too.

I have the JD kit, and bike has run flawless this year when I got to ride it.  Ill swap the blue needle in, and Id assume richer on the main?

What about the rads?  Or will the bike run warm enough if Im running it hard enough.

Some kind of cold weather sticky would be a good addition to the forum imo.

If you drive -10C or -15C,stuck at least right rad,or both.

I stuck both in winter when temp is -10C---->

Bigger main would be good too,its more critical in 2strokes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.