Low torque and choque on 1st and 2nd gear

6 replies to this topic
  • Carlcox89

Posted December 07, 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi,  my bike never had a problem and now i noticed that in first and second gear it lags to give some torque, specially in first that now i have to turn the throttle grip a little more than before.

It starts right but has this behaviour then :/

The only thing that comes to my mind that could be related was cleaning the bike in the previous weekend and i forgot to occlude this hole (image below) and some water (very little) may have entered40dx.png

What can i do ?

Edited by Carlcox89, December 07, 2013 - 04:00 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 07, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Time for carb maintenance.

• Carlcox89

Posted December 07, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Time for carb maintenance.

but it's related to water entering the hole ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper_calgary

Posted December 07, 2013 - 01:19 PM

can't be. that's the cylinder head. If water can get in there then you'd have no compression and you'd have pressure in the cooling system. Yeah, tear down your carb and clean it, that would be my first step. After I cleaned the airfilter that is.....

• Carlcox89

Posted December 07, 2013 - 05:55 PM

can't be. that's the cylinder head. If water can get in there then you'd have no compression and you'd have pressure in the cooling system. Yeah, tear down your carb and clean it, that would be my first step. After I cleaned the airfilter that is.....

I've already cleaned the air filter case and also  changed the filter . Now going to do carb ;) lets see if that works

• thumper_calgary

Posted December 08, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Carbs are like women. They get all screwed up for no reason at all and stay that way till you give them lots of loving attention hahahhaha

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2013 - 10:21 AM

The hole you indicate is simply a drain port to allow whatever fluid may be in the spark plug well to drain away.  One of the potential sources is a leak at the cam cover gasket, as anyone who has ever changed the plugs on a high mileage Honda Accord 4cyl can attest.  (no such drains on that engine). 

As long as the hole remains open, nothing that gets in there can cause any real trouble.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.