2003 yz450f

2 replies to this topic
  • Iceracer07

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hey guys I have a 2003yz450f I was out riding on ice today an when I was done an in loaded bike I noticed two drips of milky oil from the big black tube coming from top of motor. I checked engine oil and farm oil both in good condition. Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • f150jokerstyle

Posted December 01, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hey guys I have a 2003yz450f I was out riding on ice today an when I was done an in loaded bike I noticed two drips of milky oil from the big black tube coming from top of motor. I checked engine oil and farm oil both in good condition. Any ideas?

It happens in wet conditions. There is oil residue in the tube and when you get some water/ice/snow/h20 substance of your choosing up in there it comes out milky. If all the oil in the motor and tank is good I would say your fine. If you want to be safe pull the valve cover and check the top end for milky sludge build up. If your getting water in the motor from insert source here it steams in the hot oil and collects in the top end tends to show the most signs of water contamination.

• nuity5

Posted December 02, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would guess the engine isn't getting up to temperature to help get rid of moisture. It doesn't have a positive crankcase ventilation system so all it really rely's on is the piston creating crankcase pressure and forcing moisture out. It also pulls air and moisture back in too so it's kinda sorta effective. If you have a temp gun I would shoot the head / cylinder and see what temperature it's at since you are riding in obviously cold conditions. I have had to put cardboard or tape over one radiator on 2 strokes years ago to get them up to temp when riding in snow. Getting it up to temperature should help with the milkiness some I would think. Clay

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.