Winter tires.

2 replies to this topic
  • allterra

Posted November 30, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well it is that time of year again. I am on the quest for a good trail tire for the snow and frozen ground tire. I will be using the Kold Kutter screws in what ever i get for a tire. I've used the Maxxis Dessert it and found it loads up in the snow and the Kenda k335 is just like a racing slick. The kenda was great on clear ice and the maxxis was ok in light snow. what has anyone had good luck with out there. I use screws because just a little frozen ground(dirt) and the screws are very dull and are easily replaced even on the trail if need be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cwallershasta

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:16 AM

I rode in the snow the other day and found my Michelin Enduro comp worked really well with no studs installed.

• Colorado^

Posted December 03, 2013 - 11:30 AM

I payed the big $ to get a pre-studded set from Kevin's Racing.  I haven't used them yet because I'm still waiting on a wheel-set to mount them.

But the tires they use are - Bridgestone Gritty ED11 (front) and Maxxis IT Desert (rear).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.