Whistle Noise

2 replies to this topic
  • TrentonH1

Posted November 28, 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have a 2008 wr450f. There is a strange whistling noise coming from the engine. It doesn't seem to be related to the clutch or the rpms. But it normally happens after hard acceleration. It sounds like a tea pot. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fixitandy

Posted December 08, 2013 - 02:02 AM

G'day, does it do it on a race stand, or when riding? First time I used my camera goggles there was this awful whistling sound on the video, after extensive exploration turned out to be chain, hope this helps, ROOSTA out.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 08, 2013 - 06:17 AM

That is probably the standard FCR whistle noise.

The Slide plate has a hole in it, and in certain throttle positions, you get a whistle sound that is constant in pitch.

If the pitch goes up and down with your whistle noise, that is not normal........

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.