Cleaning Tips Wanted

2 replies to this topic
  • bbeakley

Posted December 26, 2001 - 11:22 AM

Hey guys, need some help again. From reading this site I know that Simple Green is the best excrement ever for cleaning, but I had a question about technique. What do you guys do to get the hubs and engine clean? They've both got that sort of textured/painted aluminum finish that doesn't seem to come clean without brushing. Are there any spray on/hose off techniques for getting these areas clean? I didn't used to worry about it because in NM I could clean the bike with an air compressor :) Out here in sunny Oregon though, there seems to be few more puddles around. Any tips would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted December 27, 2001 - 09:18 PM

I Have NEVER found a "spray on...hose off" product meet my personal standards for cleanliness. I collect different brushes for cleaning my bike. One of my "must haves" is a brush for cleaning the inside of baby bottles. It's fairly small in diameter with soft bristles and also has a round head of bristles on the end for getting into crevices. I use this brush for cleaning in that area around the shifter and the crevices of the shock linkage. Old toothbrushes are great for getting in and around the carb area.

• yzernie

Posted December 28, 2001 - 06:14 AM

What kind of yuk is getting on your hubs?? I spray my bike (all of it) with Simple Green and let it soak for a couple of minutes. I then fire up my pressure washer and get busy. Even the chain lube on the sprocket and hub will spray off easily.

Ernie

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: yzernie ]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.