Bogs down at full throttle *VIDEO*

1 reply to this topic
  • Cobey

Posted November 25, 2013 - 02:46 PM

First off, here's a video of my bike. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgVOXE6BtFk

Hey everyone, I bought a used 2006 TTR-125 and found out the choke was seized up. It was a nightmare to start so I decided to change out the carb. Bout a Mikuni vm-24 online. It worked but it bogged out and full throttle so I went to buy jets only to find out the carb was a chinese knock-off and new jets wouldn't fit. 

So, I bout a legit Mikuni VM-26 and now I'm having the same bogged down problem. The main jet is a 110 (I'm pretty sure) and I just put in a new pilot that is a 17.5. Started it up. Cranked in a couple of minutes and ran but once again, bogging down at full throttle. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? I feel horrible because I bought this for my wife months ago and she hasn't been able to ride because I can't figure out how to make it run right. 

Thanks

• Dirt Racer

Posted November 26, 2013 - 05:39 PM

You open yourself up for a can of worms when you change from the factory carb, I've done it once and will never do it again, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get jetted right as you have no baseline for where to start and no wheel dyno to test and tune on. If you would have bought a new factory carb you could have went up one pilot jet size and roughly 2 main jet sizes, removed the airbox snorkel, bolted on a pipe and had a bike that ripps. From your video it looks like you need to go up a couple sizes on your main jet, seems to idle ok so pilot jet is fine. I would go up two main jet sizes and see if it does better, if it bogs worse then you can try to go down a main jet or two, a rich or lean condition can have the almost same effect. Gonna take some time to get that thing dialed in, good luck with it.

Edited by Dirt Racer, November 26, 2013 - 05:43 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.