Best place/price to buy Pro-Tapers ?

No replies to this topic
  • Matt_W

Posted December 26, 2001 - 04:10 AM

I hauled in some nice Christmas loot, and I think I'm going to treat myself to a set of Pro-Taper bars. Does anyone have any insight on where I can get the best price on them ? I will also need to buy the universal bar mounts, since neither my 426 nor my 250's triple clamps have removeable bar mounts. I've seen a couple catalog places offer the Pro-Taper "Kit" that comes with the bars, mounts and pad.
I'm also looking for recommendations on what type of bend/sweep to buy. I'm a pretty short rider, yet I am always leaning over while standing up on the bike. I need bars that are rather tall, but of course I don't want to end up with a pair of Harley Davidson low riders either.

I am also considering the TAG T2 bars as an option. They look to be the same type of bar and are a little bit cheaper, but I have no idea how their quality compares to the Pro-Tapers. Can anyone provide me some opinions on the TAG vs. Pro-Tapers ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.