Should I jump on this '05 WR450f SM?

4 replies to this topic
  • mlglemon

Posted November 21, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Been looking at all things supermoto to try to get an end-of-the-season deal. I haven't seen any WR450f's until today.

http://springfield.c...4205318610.html

Cheaper than what the DRZ's are going for, but is it a good deal? How about reliability/maintenance? Somewhere between a DRZ and a Husky, I'm guessing.

• stevethe

Posted November 22, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Been looking at all things supermoto to try to get an end-of-the-season deal. I haven't seen any WR450f's until today.

http://springfield.c...4205318610.html

Cheaper than what the DRZ's are going for, but is it a good deal? How about reliability/maintenance? Somewhere between a DRZ and a Husky, I'm guessing.

Don't know if its a good deal. You need to check other ads for that.

Wr's have great reliability, normal oil changes, generally low maintenance especially valve adjustments. DRZ's have had more quirks than Yamaha's. Husky's cannot be used in the same sentence with good reliability although a few claim to have good luck with them many break weird stuff. Some Husky's go boom or is that poof.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • k.g

Posted November 22, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'd offer $2900 for it.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 22, 2013 - 08:14 AM

When I see a visible part that is rusty and neglected (header) I always wonder that things that you can't see have been neglected.... like valve adjustments, oil change intervals, etc.

$2500

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted November 22, 2013 - 08:55 AM

It was such a great bike I bought it. Thanks for the posting (g)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.