excel rims

6 replies to this topic
  • strack

Posted December 25, 2001 - 06:18 PM

Hey everyone, i know this issue has been brought up in the past but i need to know what color of rims look best on a yz, im leanig toward gold or black Also I have a 98 yz400 and need to know how much work it is to put excel rims on it? can i use the stock spokes and nipples and if not what do i need to do? I have the opportunity to get a set thanks to christmas. Thanks for your help

• speedharris

Posted December 26, 2001 - 07:58 AM

I would go with black. What's wrong with your rims? If nothing is wrong with them, do you want to sell the rear rim?
Let me know.
Thanks Paul

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: speedharris ]

• strack

Posted December 26, 2001 - 01:47 PM

hey speedharris, nothing is wrong with my rims theyre fine, im just trying to get a new look for my bike. when i get my new rims ill let everyone know if i plan to sell them by posting it on this fourm plus, do you know if i can use my stock spokes for this, i have never changed rims before, thanks :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted December 26, 2001 - 05:42 PM

A ugly bike in 1st place looks better than a pretty bike in last place! Sorry I couldnt resist that one :) I would take performance over looks anyday unless I had tons of money to spend (which I dont LOL) Later,

Garrett

• speedharris

Posted December 27, 2001 - 06:30 AM

strack, check w/ MX south, here is thier web addressmx south I have talked to them about new rims, I think you can use your stock spokes. Their price is 109.00 for colored rims
Hope this helps
Paul

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: speedharris

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: speedharris ]

• tony_t.

Posted December 27, 2001 - 07:51 AM

I just put some new Excels on my 02, due to a minor miscalculation on a 105ft triple, and stock spokes work just fine.

• mxracer553

Posted December 28, 2001 - 02:30 PM

I have black rims and one graphics and it looke super sweet!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.