Xt 350 Stator

12 replies to this topic
  • dem0nk1d

Posted November 20, 2013 - 06:43 AM

I've looked and looked for an aftermarket stator for the Xt 350 cannot find anything.  I'm getting low readings on my stator and pulser.

• pd350

Posted November 20, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Ebay or Craigslist for a used ...

FYI : it's not a stator . Yamaha calls it a generator .

If you have a 1990 model , ther are 3 coils under the rotor / flywheel . The source coil ( # 2 - COIL SOURCE 2
30X-85512-00-00  ) is still available from Yamaha .

380_generator.gif

• dem0nk1d

Posted November 20, 2013 - 07:31 AM

That's correct I'll have to order #2 and #5.  I will wait for the weather to warm to do another test on the components.  It's possible I could be getting false readings last night.  The manual states you should test the pulser and coil above 68F.  I was really thinking about ordering a used 'generator' from ebay, but it would be an epic failure if the new, used one came under specs.

This could be another factor why my bike is not making any power over 5k.  I mean the carb is clean as can be, and tested with propane for leaks, nothing changed idle.  I have a bunch of misc parts coming in, like a new uni-filter for the air box.

• pd350

Posted November 20, 2013 - 07:40 AM

You might try placing the pickup coil ( #5 ) as close as possible to the rotor without touching . Hopefully in the .012" range .

The tighter the gap , the more defined ( better ) the spark .

Uneven or too much gap can cause erratic performance . Logically , more so at higher RPMs .

You should also insure that ALL electrical connections , including frame grounds , are clean and TIGHT . Loose and or dirty connections = resistance .

Here's a source I generally use for more reasonably priced parts :

http://www.partspits.../c/yamaha/parts

Edited by pd350, November 20, 2013 - 07:42 AM.

• dem0nk1d

Posted November 20, 2013 - 08:11 AM

by trying to move the part closer to the flywheel / rotor it will still not be in the OHM range listed in the manual.

• pd350

Posted November 20, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Correct . The position of the pickup coil wouldn't change it's resistance , only it's end performance .

• RickyStator

Posted November 20, 2013 - 09:41 AM

We have the pulsar coil for $39 and can rewind the source coil for $75

• pd350

Posted November 20, 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's good to know . Thanks . :)

• dem0nk1d

Posted November 20, 2013 - 09:48 AM

RickyStator,

Actually i was checking out your website this morning.  Didn't find this info but great to know.  If when i get home and the adjustments are out of spec I will be contacting you directly.  This is awesome news.  You just made my day better at work today with this news! 

So do i send in the whole core, or just the Source Coil?

• RickyStator

Posted November 20, 2013 - 09:52 AM

The link below has the the pulsar its listed for another Yamaha but its the same as yours. If you send me the whole stator I can rewind source and replace the pulsar for $125.

http://www.rickystat...coil-p-317.html

http://www.rickystat..._rewinds01.html

• dem0nk1d

Posted November 20, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Ricky,

Too funny you’re up the hill from me.  I’m out in Mira Mesa.  Maybe it would be best to just drive over there if you have a store front.  I’m still waiting on the mag puller.  Hopefully it comes in the mail ASAP!

• Tanis

Posted November 21, 2013 - 03:16 PM

I personaly have put a Ricky stator in a XR600r and can recomend them they do good work.

• dem0nk1d

Posted November 21, 2013 - 05:43 PM

I personaly have put a Ricky stator in a XR600r and can recomend them they do good work.

That's great to know waiting on my mag puller, also like to keep the business local if possibly!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.