Best pipe for WR450

45 replies to this topic
  • GP1K

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:30 PM

Already have Q4 on it and running aggressive map.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen
2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

What gearing are you running?

• revelc

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Just said it in post before yours I'm running stock gears.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• GP1K

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:49 PM

I don't "get" slipping the clutch. I've tried it after reading online and it doesn't happen for me. I don't have any riders around here to show me how to do it in person.

I pull it up in 5th with the stock gears now and I weigh 210. It does have plenty of power. But why deny me my wish of having more?

It's not like I haven't uncorked or played with the played with the programmer yet. Cams would be the next step right? Or would you say save up for the GYTR head?

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Yeah sorry I can't really explain how to do it either, as it's all a feel thing, I don't really think about it, just kinda do it.. But it's more of a pop than a slip, though that depends on what gear you're in, RPM, etc. I almost always clutch up wheelies as they come up much faster & consistent. Throttling them up you gain speed and lose RPM.

I certainly don't deny you the want for more power. When I had my DRZ in SM trim, I wanted all the power I could get too, and even with all the mods I had, it was well short of a WR450. Full Yosh, 440 kit, Hotcams, the works. Til it sucked a valve and lunched the head, and I put it back to stock displacement. :(

Anyhoo, a Megabomb and 4.1 would give you more power, but since you already have the Q4, that seems like a waste of money. So something like cams might be your next move.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Just said it in post before yours I'm running stock gears.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Sorry missed that. Well shit, with your mods and stock gearing, it still should be pretty wheelie happy, but now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever tried to wheelie mine in 5th. 4th plenty of times, but then again I'd be clutching it for sure in 5th. Definitely worth your while to learn how to clutch it up, much quicker and more consistent, and you can do it in the higher gears.

• revelc

Posted October 31, 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yeah sorry I can't really explain how to do it either, as it's all a feel thing, I don't really think about it, just kinda do it.. But it's more of a pop than a slip, though that depends on what gear you're in, RPM, etc. I almost always clutch up wheelies as they come up much faster & consistent. Throttling them up you gain speed and lose RPM.

I certainly don't deny you the want for more power. When I had my DRZ in SM trim, I wanted all the power I could get too, and even with all the mods I had, it was well short of a WR450. Full Yosh, 440 kit, Hotcams, the works. Til it sucked a valve and lunched the head, and I put it back to stock displacement. :(

Anyhoo, a Megabomb and 4.1 would give you more power, but since you already have the Q4, that seems like a waste of money. So something like cams might be your next move.

SHIT. Sorry to hear about the DRZ. I bet that hurt the wallet!

Sounds like I just need to keep messing with the clutch to get the wheel up safer and easier. It's just not consistent. One in every 6 or 7 I try doesn't work out and the front only comes up an inch or two.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

Edited by revelc, October 31, 2014 - 07:34 PM.

• mattpann

Posted November 21, 2014 - 04:22 AM

I put the big gun Eco on my 2012 had a few dramas fitting it but happy now. Noticeable power difference and not too loud

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.