Wr 426 exploded

3 replies to this topic
  • Tanis

Posted November 18, 2013 - 04:28 AM

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1384777477.497291.jpg
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1384777520.538166.jpg
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1384777570.604924.jpg

Small end failed and took out the
Bore and cases are stuffed. head is untouched i wonder how it escaped damage? I wonder what caused it to fail the bore looks good other than the hole.

• americium

Posted November 18, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Looks like the piece that broke off the piston end of the rod went straight down to the lower end and got between the case and the lower end of the rod. When the rod came around it pushed the broken piece through the case. The cylinder was just lucky that the broken end of the rod didn't catch it when it was flailing around. I had a CR500 that had a piece of the piston skirt break off. The piece went down and the lower end of the rod pushed it into the tranny. Have a local guy that was able to weld and rebuild the case. Worked great after that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tanis

Posted November 18, 2013 - 03:03 PM

I don't think this one going to go again, but i think your spot on with what happened. I picked this up for parts its interesting to see why stuff fails. I think they should have changed that rod last time.

• americium

Posted November 18, 2013 - 07:21 PM

For sure! It looks way worse than the one I had.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.