07 wr450 not starting

5 replies to this topic
  • KuilaWR450f

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey all. I was riding my My 07 wr450 when it all of a sudden spluttered then stalled. Went to use the e start but no ignition light were on and the e start did nothing, no sound or anything. I kicked and kicked having no luck at all. It did the same thing the day before but fired straight after. Help, I need to get back to the trail!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 17, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Have you been maintaining the bike per the service manual?

• KuilaWR450f

Posted November 17, 2013 - 02:36 AM

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:16 AM

Just had a full service and the me me habit said it was good. Only thing is it had a very weak battery if that died would it cause this to happen, even to not kickstart?

yes

Battery must be present and working to start.

• Chas_M

Posted November 18, 2013 - 07:21 AM

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta, will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha's must be set up differently.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 18, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have seen this problem come up several times before and I still am a little perplexed.  The bikes with which I am familiar, i.e. several KTM's and a Beta, will still kickstart without a battery so I guess that Yamaha's must be set up differently.

You would need to install a battery eliminator device to have it run without the battery.

Same on all Japanese enduro's. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.