Rear Wheel Axle Nut Size & Torque Wrench ?

4 replies to this topic

Posted January 02, 2004 - 12:24 PM

Hey Guys,
Was wondering what size socket i would need for the rear wheel nut and also a good all around torque wrench for the bike. I own a 2003 WR450F. Should I get a 1/2 inch or a 3/8th inch drive torque wrench. Any info you have or suggestions would be great thanks.

• gfergtr74

Posted January 02, 2004 - 08:04 PM

I think it is a 1 and 3/16th. If you just want one torque wrench I would suggest the 3/8. A little smaller and can be used in tighter spots on the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5spoke

Posted January 02, 2004 - 10:52 PM

You can always use an adapter for 1/2". The range of the t/wrench is what you need to look at. Check out the dif. torques you will need the wrench for and then get the wrench to suit. Most the bolts on bikes have low torque specs. Unfortunatly there are a few ones with higher specs and this may need a dif. wrench.

• dale

Posted January 03, 2004 - 05:33 AM

My 426 nut is 1 1/16" aka 27MM.

• Sylvain

Posted January 03, 2004 - 08:16 AM

1/2" torque wrench for + 25 to 250 ft/lbs
3/8" for up to 250 inch / pound (app 20 ft/lbs)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.