yz426 help

5 replies to this topic
  • tantheman

Posted November 15, 2013 - 10:24 PM

so after putting in new shims on my yz46 i ran into an problem. im putting in the exhaust valve bucket and go to push the decompression lever back in and the bucket is to tall. how do i fix this? is there something wrong that im suppossed to do or what?

• 3d0

Posted November 16, 2013 - 03:56 AM

Check that your shim is seated well, there should be no problems then. What's the size of the shim?

• tantheman

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:07 AM

The shim is seated well and the size is 1.84. I put the bucket on without the shim and still didn't fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 3d0

Posted November 16, 2013 - 09:11 AM

When you install the exhaust camshaft, piston at TDC what's the clearance? Can you take a picture?

• tantheman

Posted November 16, 2013 - 09:38 AM

No it's not at tdc. I can't move it right now because the valve cover and cams are off. Is there another way to move it? I can't upload a pic right now.

• tantheman

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:17 AM

here are three pics. these might help.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0215.jpg
  • IMAG0216.jpg
  • IMAG0218.jpg

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.