I currently have a 99 WR400, totally set up for me in suspension (250+ with gear) and has all the other mods performed on it. It runs pretty good, rips well for a bike its age. I love it, ride it hard and it hasn't let me down at all. But, its old technology, heavy up high and I would love to make the jump to newer technology and better suspension. Sounds like I have already convinced my self to buy a newer WR, you say? Is it worth it, is my question?
- Besides the suspension setup, what else needs to been done to a bike with FI? Do the same type of mods have to occur as in the carburated WR's before FI?
- The fork rake, wheel base and seat heights appear to be negligible is difference between the years, but I know the weight and other differences lie in a more compact design. Do they make tall seats for the bike, I am 6' 4".
- Can I buy oversized fuel tanks in the 3 gallon range?
- Being that the bike is FI, I should be able to put and FMF Q pipe without any modifications to the programming, correct?
- Also, what would be an acceptable price (Besides what I am willing to pay) for a left over 2013 WR450?
Any help to help me make my determination to buy the bike would be greatly appreciated.