yz426 rolling chassis

3 replies to this topic
  • joesyz426

Posted December 24, 2001 - 10:27 PM

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2002 yz426 rolling chassis minus engine. My Question is does anyone think it's possible to put the engine from my XT350 dual sport into the YZ? The reason for this is to create the ULTIMATE street legal bike. I would put all the lights and street stuff on the YZ. I could also alter the new frame VIN to match the XT and I don't think anyone would notice. The only problem I see is with the frame down tube ( too wide for exhaust ) and the dual carb setup on the XT engine. Any advice from my friends in the forum?

• Scott_F

Posted December 24, 2001 - 11:28 AM

My advice is don't do it. There must be a better motor for that chassis. How much will you pay for the roller?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joesyz426

Posted December 24, 2001 - 06:19 PM

I am afraid to say! The guy buys new bikes then puts the engines in a custom quad for the nats. If I can pull it off I get the roller for $1500
The other option is to put my 00 426 engine in the new frame or to use my wife's XR200 engine !!

• SoCalWR426

Posted December 24, 2001 - 07:54 PM

Hey Joe,
Please check your private mail..

SoCal

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.