2012 Yamaha WR 450 replacement gear shift

3 replies to this topic
  • donwr450

Posted November 12, 2013 - 04:35 PM

I very lightly bent my gear shift lever and it has caused a slight scratch in the inspection cover from shifting.  I really don't think it is bad enough to change but thought I would see how much.  I called the dealer today and the going rate is 66.00 for a replacement.  WOW!  Does anyone know of a good replacement brand for less?

Edited by donwr450, November 12, 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Posted November 12, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted November 13, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I put IMS shift levers on all my bikes. They're steel so they can bend and be bent back vs aluminum that snaps off.

http://www.imsproduc...e=3Shift Levers

• donwr450

Posted November 13, 2013 - 04:15 PM

What a great site.  Thanks for the advice I just ordered a spare shift lever.  FYI I took a hammer and bent it back but thought I should have a spare.  Great and quick response I am very impressed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.